Fictional Wars CCG card set
|Date||20th Jan 2008|
|This is a CCG set, a set of cards which can be used to construct personalised decks, in the style of a collectable card game.|
|To play Dvorak: Draw five cards each and leave the rest as a draw pile. On your turn, draw a card from the draw pile and play one Thing and/or one Action. (See the full rules.)|
| Print this deck|
|talk page to find out more.|
Fictional characters leave their works and do battle!
Players start with 20 life points each. They lose the game when their life points reach 0.
Cards have Genres. The Genres are:
- Comedy (Satire, kids' comics, most Western animation)
- Fantasy (Includes medieval adventures and magic speculative fiction)
- Mystery (Detective, horror, thriller)
- Science (Includes modern adventures and non-magic speculative fiction)
- Romance (Drama, tragedy, family sagas, whatnot)
Sources are put in a separate deck. You draw one card from the Source deck at the start of the turn, and may play one Source and one Character per turn instead of one Thing.
Each Source can sustain a certain number of points worth of Characters. Furthermore, they can only sustain Characters that share a Genre with them. A unsustained Character is destroyed.
Example: If you have one 3-point Fantasy Source and one 2-point Science/Fantasy Source, they can sustain five 1-point Fantasy characters, one 5-point Fantasy character, or one 2-point Science character. They cannot sustain a 3-point Science character.
As an Action, the player may challenge the opponent for a Bout. A Bout works as such:
- Player names the attacking Character.
- Opponent names a defending Character if possible.
- Player picks the statistic that will determine the bout.
- Both players roll a six-sided die. Higher roll is the winner, draws go to the attacker.
- The effect of winning a bout is defined on the attacker's card.
Common effects are keyworded.
- Attack - Destroy defending Thing. If there was no defense, deal damage to the attacked opponent equal to this statistic.
- Escape - Return this card to your hand.